Forged Fittings - BARRED TEE
Table of Content
- Barred Tee
- Features of Tee
- Application of Vriety
A barred tee is a tee or any fitting with a branch used in pipelines that are pigged and have a restriction bar welded internally preventing the pig from traveling down a branch connection.
A barred tee is a pipe fitting that is used in a pig launcher or receiver system in a piping system to ensure the pig could pass the branch safely.
Barred tees are pipe fittings with two outlets, one at 90 ° to the connection to the main line that has tiny holes. Barred tees can either be extruded or fabricated and are used to connect two pieces of pipe or fittings. Barred tee is used in pipelines that are pigged.
Barred Tee is a special type of Tee that is based on a normal tee (can be either equal tee or reducing tee) that at a later stage, will be added with bar plates inside the branch outlet (From inside it looks like a steel cage) to restrict the pig from flowing from the header pipe into the branch pipes.
A leading manufacturer of Barred Tee Pipe Fittings, we manufacture these fittings that can be fitted on different machines for proper operation. We have engaged in offering quality-approved Sheets, which are procured from reliable manufacturers, who use quality raw materials in the production process to ensure their compliance with international quality standards. The products are made from high-quality raw materials and thus follow the highest industry standards. They are also available in a variety of sizes and shapes to meet the needs of our customers.
We are professionals with highly effective background moments and comprehensive experience in manufacturing and managing these Barred Equal Tee Pipe Fittings, and our business also has a world-class revenue team that carefully works with customers throughout India and worldwide. In addition to being used in oil refineries and petrochemical plants, it is also used in the gas production industry, chemical processing plants, marine industries, and power plants. A barred unequal tee pipe fitting is renowned for its ability to withstand high tensions and pressures. It is ideal for low-pressure applications in the oil, petrochemical, and gas industries, as well as automotive, mechanical, and engineering industries.
CITIES WE DELIVER
Adoni, Amaravati, Anantapur, Chandragiri, Chittoor, Dowlaiswaram ,Eluru, Guntur, Kadapa, Kakinada, Kurnool, Machilipatnam, Nagarjunakoṇḍa, Rajahmundry, Srikakulam, Tirupati, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Vizianagaram, Yemmiganur, Itanagar, Dhuburi, Dibrugarh, Dispur, Guwahati, Jorhat, Nagaon, Sivasagar, Silchar, Tezpur, Tinsukia, Ara, Barauni, Begusarai, Bettiah, Bhagalpur, Bihar, Sharif, Bodh Gaya, Buxar, Chapra, Darbhanga, Dehri, Dinapur Nizamat, Gaya, Hajipur, Jamalpur, Katihar, Madhubani, Motihari, Munger, Muzaffarpur, Patna, Purnia, Pusa, Saharsa, Samastipur, Sasaram, Sitamarhi, Siwan, Chandigarh, Ambikapur, Bhilai, Bilaspur, Dhamtari, Durg, Jagdalpur, Raipur, Rajnandgaon, Daman, Diu, Silvassa, Delhi, New Delhi, Madgaon, Panaji, Ahmadabad, Amreli, Bharuch, Bhavnagar, Bhuj, Dwarka, Gandhinagar, Godhra, Jamnagar, Junagadh, Kandla, Khambhat, Kheda, Mahesana, Morbi, Nadiad, Navsari, Okha, Palanpur, Patan, Porbandar, Rajkot, Surat, Surendranagar, Valsad, Veraval, Ambala, Bhiwani, Chandigarh, Faridabad, Firozpur Jhirka, Gurugram, Hansi, Hisar, Jind, Kaithal, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Pehowa, Rewari, Rohtak, Sirsa, Sonipat, Bilaspur, Chamba, Dalhousie, Dharmshala, Hamirpur, Kangra, Kullu, Mandi, Nahan, Shimla, Una, Anantnag, Baramula, Doda, Gulmarg, Jammu, Kathua, Punch, Rajouri, Srinagar, Udhampur, Bokaro, Chaibasa, Deoghar, Dhanbad, Dumka, Giridih, Hazaribag, Jamshedpur, Jharia, Rajmahal, Ranchi, Saraikela, Badami, Ballari, Bengaluru, Belagavi, Bhadravati, Bidar, Chikkamagaluru, Chitradurga, Davangere, Halebid, Hassan, Hubballi-Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Kolar, Madikeri, Mandya, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Raichur, Shivamogga, Shravanabelagola, Shrirangapattana, Tumakuru, Vijayapura, Alappuzha, Vatakara, Idukki, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Mattancheri, Palakkad, Thalassery, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Kargil, Leh, Balaghat, Barwani, Betul, Bharhut, Bhind, Bhojpur, Bhopal, Burhanpur, Chhatarpur, Chhindwara, Damoh, Datia, Dewas, Dhar, Dr. Ambedkar Nagar (Mhow), Guna, Gwalior, Hoshangabad, Indore, Itarsi, Jabalpur, Jhabua, Khajuraho, Khandwa, Khargone, Maheshwar, Mandla, Mandsaur, Morena, Murwara, Narsimhapur, Narsinghgarh, Narwar, Neemuch, Nowgong, Orchha, Panna, Raisen, Rajgarh, Ratlam, Rewa, Sagar, Sarangpur, Satna, Sehore, Seoni, Shahdol, Shajapur, Sheopur, Shivpuri, Ujjain, Vidisha, Ahmadnagar, Akola, Amravati, Aurangabad, Bhandara, Bhusawal, Bid, Buldhana, Chandrapur, Daulatabad, Dhule, Jalgaon, Kalyan, Karli, Kolhapur, Mahabaleshwar, Malegaon, Matheran, Mumbai, Nagpur, Nanded, Nashik, Osmanabad, Pandharpur, Parbhani, Pune, Ratnagiri, Sangli, Satara, Sevagram, Solapur, Thane, Ulhasnagar,n Vasai-Virar, Wardha, Yavatmal, Imphal, Cherrapunji, Shillong, Aizawl, Lunglei, Kohima, Mon, Phek, Wokha, Zunheboto, Balangir, Baleshwar, Baripada, Bhubaneshwar, Brahmapur, Cuttack, Dhenkanal, Kendujhar, Konark, Koraput, Paradip, Phulabani, Puri, Sambalpur, Udayagiri, Karaikal, Mahe, Puducherry, Yanam, Amritsar, Batala, Chandigarh, Faridkot, Firozpur, Gurdaspur, Hoshiarpur, Jalandhar, Kapurthala, Ludhiana, Nabha, Patiala, Rupnagar, Sangrur, Abu, Ajmer, Alwar, Amer, Barmer, Beawar, Bharatpur, Bhilwara, Bikaner, Bundi, Chittaurgarh, Churu, Dhaulpur, Dungarpur, Ganganagar, Hanumangarh, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jalor, Jhalawar, Jhunjhunu, Jodhpur, Kishangarh, Kota, Merta, Nagaur, Nathdwara, Pali, Phalodi, Pushkar, Sawai Madhopur, Shahpura, Sikar, Sirohi, Tonk, Udaipur, Gangtok, Gyalshing, Lachung, Mangan, Arcot, Chengalpattu, Chennai, Chidambaram, Coimbatore, Cuddalore, Dharmapuri, Dindigul, Erode, Kanchipuram, Kanniyakumari, Kodaikanal, Kumbakonam, Madurai, Mamallapuram, Nagappattinam, Nagercoil, Palayamkottai, Pudukkottai, Rajapalayam, Ramanathapuram, Salem, Thanjavur, Tiruchchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Tiruppur, Thoothukudi, Udhagamandalam, Vellore, Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Khammam, Mahbubnagar, Nizamabad, Sangareddi, Warangal, Agartala, Agra, Aligarh, Amroha, Ayodhya, Azamgarh, Bahraich, Ballia, Banda, Bara Banki, Bareilly, Basti, Bijnor, Bithur, Budaun, Bulandshahr, Deoria, Etah, Etawah, Faizabad, Farrukhabad-cum-Fatehgarh, Fatehpur, Fatehpur Sikri, Ghaziabad, Ghazipur, Gonda, Gorakhpur, Hamirpur, Hardoi, Hathras, Jalaun, Jaunpur, Jhansi, Kannauj, Kanpur, Lakhimpur, Lalitpur, Lucknow, Mainpuri, Mathura, Meerut, Mirzapur-Vindhyachal, Moradabad, Muzaffarnagar, Partapgarh, Pilibhit, Prayagraj, Rae Bareli, Rampur, Saharanpur, Sambhal, Shahjahanpur, Sitapur, Sultanpur, Tehri, Varanasi, Almora, Dehra Dun, Haridwar, Mussoorie, Nainital, Pithoragarh, Alipore, Alipur Duar, Asansol, Baharampur, Bally, Balurghat, Bankura, Baranagar, Barasat, Barrackpore, Basirhat, Bhatpara, Bishnupur, Budge Budge, Burdwan, Chandernagore, Darjeeling, Diamond Harbour, Dum Dum, Durgapur, Halisahar, Haora, Hugli, Ingraj Bazar, Jalpaiguri, Kalimpong, Kamarhati, Kanchrapara, Kharagpur, Cooch Behar, Kolkata, Krishnanagar, Malda, Midnapore, Murshidabad, Nabadwip, Palashi, Panihati, Purulia, Raiganj, Santipur, Shantiniketan, Shrirampur, Siliguri, Siuri, Tamluk, Titagarh
Barred tee design considerations
- There can be many applications for the barred tee in the pipeline or in subsea fields when pigging is required.
- To prevent the pig from changing directions or getting stuck at the branch outlet, bar plates are welded internally at the branch.
- The design of the bar plates must be sufficient quantity, thickness, and appropriately spaced to ensure the smoothness for the pig to run through the main pipe, while at the same time not affecting the flow that was meant to flow through the branch. It is common practice to ensure that the opening in a branch pipeline after guided bars is no larger than 40% of the main pipeline area.
- In the branch connections, the bars must be small enough not to restrict flow, but large enough to sustain pressure.
- This smoothness of the pigging process is essential to protect the sensor of pig from damage. The bar plates have to be ground to fit the branch curvature. Sharp edges spatter and burrs must be removed.
- As the ID of the branch increases, the number of bar plates increases from two (2) to four (4) pieces.
- The bar plates ideally will be equally spaced.
- To support the bar stiffness when the pig hits a larger tee (size 14 inches and above), a bridge plate will be in the middle.
- The material of the bar plates is commonly used the same as the tee material for weldability.
- Generally, guide bars should not be welded directly onto the high-stress concentrated areas of the extrusion neck. Bar ends must be machined to fit the branch.
- Weld Repairs on Parent metal are prohibited.
Features of Pipe Tee:
- There are three female openings in a T-shaped pipe tee.
- There are straight pipe tees that have the same size openings.
- Reducing pipe tees have one opening of different sizes and two openings of the same size.
- There are sanitary pipe tees that are used in waste lines. These kinds of pipe tees have a curved branch which is designed for a clean-out plug. They are used to prevent the obstruction of waste.
- A cross-pipe tee has four equal-sized female openings.
- A wing pipe tee has lugs to fasten the fitting to a wall or stud.
- A compression pipe tee uses compression fittings on two or more ends.
- A test pipe tee has a threaded opening. This opening is used in conjunction with a threaded plug for a clean-out opening on a drain pipe.
In the industrial sector, barred tees are widely used in a variety of applications, including:
- Chemical processing
- Waste treatment, Marine
- Utilities/power generation
- Industrial equipment
- Gas compression and distribution industries
- Pipe Tees are also recommended for industrial plant fluid power systems.
Talk With Experts
Or Send a Message
Our Latest Blogs
15-5ph Stainless Steel Bar Benefits
Forgings made from 15-5 PH steel are available with the fastest lead times in the industry. We can manufacture custom forgings up to 4,000 pounds, from 2.5" to 24" in diameter or thickness, and up to 12' in length, based on your specifications. A forging is ideal for...
Request A Quote
Fill all information details to consult with us to get services from us
What are our quality inspection standards?
Our key qualities and services comprise of:
• Quality assured goods
• Multiple payment modes
• Experienced crew
• Prompt shipment
• Ethical business policies
• Wide distribution network
Which certifications have we acquired?
Lakshya International has the following certification:
• MSME UDHAYM NO
• GST CERTIFICATE
• CERTIFICATE OF INCORPORATION
• CERTIFICATE OF IMPORT EXPORT CODE
• ISO CERTIFICATE
• PED CERTIFICATE
• CE CERTIFICATE
• MANUFACTURING CERTIFICATE
How can I place an order?
To place an order and receive a quote you can visit us on our website